English For Kids® is the first and only EU Norm accredited language school in Austria. It has offered full immersion summer programmes to children and young people from Austria and across Europe since 1989. Our staff members are carefully chosen and are expected to uphold the high standards of education and behaviour, as well as the philosophy, of this institution.
All candidates must have a perfect command of English and must be native or fully bilingual (English – German). They should be energetic and enthusiastic, enjoy and be effective in working and living with young people and be committed to the immersion philosophy of language teaching.
To apply go to our application procedure page
Employment Time 2021
N.B. Participating in the teacher training before the camp is mandatory!
- 05 - 09 July 2021 - Vienna 19th district
- 19 - 30 July 2021 - Vienna 23rd district
- 15 - 21 August 2021 - Lachstatt, Upper Austria
- 23 - 27 August 2021 - Vienna 23rd district
- Staff member should be willing to change the campsites in the middle of the summer.
Teach one- and two-week language sessions, evaluate students' progress, correct written assignments, prepare projects and one festival per camp, as well as participate in the total Village programme.
Minimum requirements for all teaching positions: the applicants must have some formal experience in teaching English as a foreign language and hold an internationally recognized full time TEFL certificate or equivalent qualification (e.g. Cambridge CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, CELTYL or International House TEFL).
Camp Counsellors/Programme Leaders
Help students with their assignments, prepare and lead afternoon and evening activities, such as: arts & crafts, music, dance, sports, baking, field games. This position is suitable for sporty, outgoing, enthusiastic and energetic young people, sports coaches or applicants with previous camp experience.
E4Kids® staff members not only profit professionally from our comprehensive experience in teacher training,
but also have a chance to enjoy a beautiful Austrian countryside and get fully immersed in the flair of its capital city and its world famous
Staff will receive a salary, lodging and meals and are fully insured for the time of their employment.
Camp training is provided.
Staff members are expected to reflect the standards of behaviour as well as the philosophy of this institution.
They are responsible for the camp participants and thus must be constantly concerned with their safety, health and social needs.
- We expect our staff members to be capable of following the schedule as well as spontaneously incorporating new elements into the programme.
- There is no requirement of German, however the applicants have to feel secure to work in a foreign country with children who only speak another language.
- Basic computer skills are beneficial. Playing an instrument and experience in animation or drama is an asset.
- Staff members should be flexible enough to create a fun environment for the children as well as teach.
General Staff Responsibilities
- Participate actively in the teacher training before the camp
- Teach according to the E4Kids® Camp Manual
- Speak English all the time and encourage active involvement by the children
- Make sure that the children´s welfare is the primary concern of every activity
- Meet and orient campers and parents on the opening and closing of each course
- Assist in setting up the camp and/or preparing for the next course
- Participate in the afternoon or evening activities as designated by the camp director